Advertising CBD on Facebook
If you own a CBD company or are marketing a CBD product, you have probably encountered this problem: You want to advertise on Facebook, but you’re not sure if it is allowed.
The Facebook advertising platform provides extensive audience targeting options based on users’ geographical location, interests and behaviors. With over 2.41 billion monthly active users on Facebook and over 1 billion monthly users on Instagram, Facebook advertising sounds like the perfect solution to promote your CBD brand. Right?
Well, this is where CBD marketing and advertising gets tricky.
Does Facebook allow paid promotion of CBD products?
Facebook does not allow ads for CBD oil or CBD products.
Can you advertise CBD products on Facebook?
The quick answer is yes. You can advertise CBD products on Facebook, but it is not as easy as setting a traditional Facebook campaign. This strategy involves a lot of extra work upfront to prepare your Facebook page and website for advertising success.
To be honest, your ads will eventually get rejected if you break Facebook’s ad policy. The trick is to get creative and advertise CBD without breaking their policy.
Let’s see how it’s done
How to run CBD ads on Facebook
- Create a new Facebook account for your CBD brand.
- Exclude any mention of CBD of Cannabidiol from the page.
- Buy a new domain name. Make sure “CBD” is not include in the name.
- Duplicate your entire website or build a new e-commerce website with your products on your new domain.
- Remove any CBD keywords from your website.
- Get creative and explain the CBD product to users without directly saying it. CBD images are okay to use.
- Create Facebook ads without mentioning CBD in the ad copy or image. We recommend focusing on ailments and the benefits of CBD.
- Target audiences who have expressed interest in “hemp oil”.
- Launch your first CBD Campaign!