Is Instagram deleting your photos and videos immediately after you post them?
Before we jump into possible solutions, let’s identify the problem:
Instagram app users recently started encountering a bug when attempting to upload images to their feed. After a user posts an image, it will appear in their feed for about 10 seconds then it disappears without any notification.
Usually when posts are deleted from Instagram, the user will receive a pop-up notification telling them why it was removed. The most common notification says, “We removed your post because it doesn’t follow our community guidelines.”
The bug we are troubleshooting does not send this notification at all. The recently posted image simply vanishes from the users feed and profile with no warning.
Image Credit: Pimp My Ride!
Below are some reasons why Instagram might be deleting your posts:
- Your posts do not follow community guidelines.
- You have not verified your email address linked to your account.
- You have not verified the phone number linked to your account.
- There is suspicious activity on your account. Accounts can get flagged by Instagram’s algorithm if there is a dramatic change in posting frequency. Let’s say you create an account and do not post for an entire year, then you decide to post three times per day for two week. Especially if you start getting a lot of engagement on your posts, this post pattern change could seem suspicious.
- Your Instagram app is not up to date.
Here are the steps to stop Instagram from deleting your posts.
You will be back posting on Instagram in no time!
Report the issue to Instagram:
1. Click account settings.
2. Click “report a problem”.
3. Select “Something isn’t working”.
4. Explain the issue to Instagram support.
5. Now we wait.
While you wait for a response from Instagram support, let’s ensure all your account information is accurate.
- Update your Instagram app.
- Verify the email address linked to your Instagram account.
- Verify the phone number linked to your account.
I followed these exact steps and was back to posting videos and photos on my Instagram feed within one day.
Please post a comment below if you are still having trouble posting on Instagram after following this guide. I will try to respond and help you as soon as possible.